Danielle J. Clark, MBA, MSOL
Tewksbury, MA 01876
T: 978-614-5711 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn: linkd.in/1Sspj9f
SUMMARY: An energetic, tech-savvy, people-centric professional with 10+ years of human resources, operations and leadership experience working in both corporate and academic settings
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA: Doctor of Business Administration (Status: ABD, Completion 2019)
- THE MYERS-BRIGGS COMPANY: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Certified Professional (2017)
- BECKER COLLEGE: Certificate in Human Resources (2016)
- NICHOLS COLLEGE: MS in Organizational Leadership (2015); MBA in Management (2014)
- BECKER COLLEGE: BS in Business Administration and Management, summa cum laude (2011)
- Paul L. Lawrence Fellowship, North American Case Research Association (2018)
- Informing Science Institute Reviewer Bronze Award (2018)
- Worcester Business Journal 40 Under Forty (2018)
- Philips Healthcare Top Management Award (2012)
- Philips Home Monitoring Employee of the Year Award (2009)
- Philips Lifeline Service Employee of the Year (2005)
BECKER COLLEGE, WORCESTER MA (2015–Current)
Adjunct Business Professor, Part-Time
Instruct a variety of adult undergraduate and graduate classes such as Human Resource Management and Managing Diversity in the Workplace both onsite and online.
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, BOSTON MA (2019–Current)
Human Resources Lecturer, Part-Time
Instruct a variety of undergraduate and graduate classes such as Benefits and Compensation and Human Resource Management onsite to a diverse predominantly international student population.
NICHOLS COLLEGE, DUDLEY MA (2015–2018)
Visiting Assistant Professor of Leadership and Human Resources (2017–2018)
Facilitated a variety of hyflex synchronous and online graduate and undergraduate business classes including Action Research, Business Communications, Critical Thinking, Human Resource Management and Experience Nichols Professional Development Seminars I, II and III.
Adjunct Business Professor & Curriculum Design Consultant (2015–2017)
Facilitated a variety of traditional and online undergraduate and graduate classes. Designed and created a series of three core classes offered in all graduate programs focused on enhancing student leadership, communication and career readiness. Assisted in the rewrite of the core graduate Business Communication class. Oversaw the creation of the college’s first Strategic HR certificate.
- Danielle Clark (2017), “Should the Pushcart push forward?”. Accepted for presentation at the North American Case Research Association (NACRA) Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
UPCOMING CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Tres Bishop & Danielle Clark (2019), “Tick tock: Making an executive hiring decision under pressure”. Accepted for presentation at the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) Conference, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
PAPERS UNDER REVIEW
- Danielle Clark & Janis Gogan, “Should the Pushcart push forward?” Case Research Journal.
- A review of the literature: Employee (dis)engagement by millennials: What we know, what we should know and future opportunities (Dissertation).
- Aspire Financial Services: Refocusing on employee engagement post system migration (Dissertation).
- The relationship between employee engagement, perceived HRM practices and job satisfaction amongst millennial and non-millennial employees (Dissertation).
SERVICE TO THE ACADEMIC COMMUNITY
- Reviewer, Informing Science Institute (2017-Present)
- Reviewer, Engaged Management Scholarship (EMS) 2017 Conference for the Informing Science Institute
- Vice Chair and Chair, Nichols College’s Graduate and Professional Studies Advisory Board (2016-2017)
- Lead faculty trainer, Graduate and Professional Studies at Nichols College (2017-2018)
CLARK CAREER COACHING AND HR CONSULTING, TEWKSBURY MA (2015-PRESENT)
Founder, Career Coach & HR Consultant
Advise career coaching clients on a variety of needs such as planning for a career change, preparing for an interview, decision making and implementing change and strategy into their organization. Consult with small business leaders on employee relations issues and communication planning. Offer a variety of business workshops to organizations.
MAHONEY’S GARDEN CENTERS, WINCHESTER MA (2015-2017)
Human Resources Senior Business Partner
Led all human resources activities; supported 300 employees at eight retail locations with direct reports including a recruiter and payroll and benefits manager. Served as a trusted business consultant to company owners. Advised on a variety of change management, restructuring and succession planning initiatives that resulted in increased employee engagement, reduced employee turnover and increased sales. Partnered with management to proactively address business issues related to employee engagement; productivity and compliance through training; creating organizational policies and practices; advising on employee relations issues; and improving company culture by promoting safety and ethical practices.
PHILIPS HEALTHCARE, ANDOVER MA (2004–2015)
Commercial Operations Customer Service Manager (2014–2015)
Managed Patient Care Monitoring Service and oversaw 17 employees in Order Processing and Sales Support. Responsible for achieving aggressive responsiveness, accuracy and quality requirements. During my tenure, I created and managed a new credit approval policy that yielded a 40% reduction in credits and revamped the end-to-end labor scheduling process. The new policy increased customer satisfaction and order entry rates, thus increasing revenue.
Customer Service Manager, Philips Lifeline (2004–2014)
Entered as a customer service representative and moved up the ladder. Oversaw a fast-paced, high-call D2C call center of approximately 40 employees. I focused on enhancing customers’ experience by regularly coaching my team, handling customer issues and introducing value-added services and solutions to the company. As a manager, I led cross-departmentally and improved team efficiency by working with senior leadership to resolve impeding business problems. In this role, I resolved hundreds of complex complaints, mitigated lawsuits and maintained the company’s positive image and “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau by serving as the primary contact with the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Facebook and other outlets.
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- Committee Member, Tewksbury Education Foundation (2015-Present)
- Pro bono Career Coach and HR Consultant (2015-Present)
- Volunteer Instructor, Junior Achievement (2012-2014)
- Fundraiser/Financial Contributor, American Heart Association, Kids Cancer Buzz Off, NEADS, Relay for Life, Winchester Hospital (2005-Present)
- NACRA (North American Case Research Association), Member
- SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management), Member
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Member
- SECRA (Southeast Case Research Association), Member