I am a hands-on, stimulating and committed business professional and adjunct professor with more than 10 years of human resources and leadership experience. I excel at creating a culture that supports company, employee and student growth through my strong change management, problem-solving and teaching abilities. In all that I do, I’m known for my high energy, unwavering ethical standards and grit.
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA: DBA (Expected 2019)
- BECKER COLLEGE: Certificate in Human Resources (2016)
- NICHOLS COLLEGE: MS in Organizational Leadership (2015); MBA in Management (2014)
- BECKER COLLEGE: BS, summa cum laude, Business Administration and Management (2011)
Organizational Behavior Forward Thinking Results Orientation
Performance Management Process Improvement Emotional Intelligence
Strategic Decisions Change Management Counseling/People Development
- Serve as the vice president of Nichols College’s graduate program’s advisory board. Provide business advice and support to the college on existing and proposed academic programs and activities.
- Continuously receive above average student feedback scores on my Nichols College and Becker College teaching satisfaction reports. Commonly cited for my thought-provoking lectures, innovative teaching approach, business acumen and adaptability.
- Partnered with the Department of Labor OSHA Consultative Services to get Mahoney’s flagship store OSHA compliant. My contributions included leading all project efforts, writing a variety of policies and conducting a variety of site-wide safety training. As a result, Mahoney’s saw a steep reduction in occupational accidents and related costs.
- Co-managed the development of Philips Lifeline’s first customer service website that included a variety of troubleshooting and billing content.
- Helped Philips maintain and improve engagement scores and business health by creating and maintaining a variety of incentives and recognition programs, coaching employees to receive next-level transitions and implementing employee development and team-building activities. Received a variety of awards, including the Philips Top Management Engagement Award and the Philips Home Monitoring Recognition Award.
Human Resources, Consultant, Mahoney’s Garden Center
Provide a variety of leadership and HR services to Mahoney’s on a part-time basis.
Human Resources, Senior Manager, Mahoney’s Garden Center
Led all human resources activities; supported 300 employees at eight retail locations with direct reports including a recruiter, payroll and benefits manager. Serve as a trusted business consultant to company owners. Advised on a variety of change management, restructuring and succession planning initiatives that have resulted in increased employee engagement, reduced employee turnover and increased sales.
Human Resources, Business Partner, Mahoney’s Garden Center
Partnered with management to proactively address business issues related to employee engagement, productivity and compliance through training, creating organizational policies and practices, advising on employee relations issues and improving company culture by promoting safety and ethical practices.
Commercial Operations Customer Service Manager, Philips Healthcare
Worked for Patient Care Monitoring Service and oversaw 17 employees in Supplies Order Processing Sales Support, Distributor Rebate and Sales Tracings and Supplies Customer Service Order Processing. Supported associates with B2B high-volume complex transactions. Responsible for achieving aggressive responsiveness, accuracy and quality requirements. During my tenure, I created and managed a new credit approval policy which yielded a 40% reduction in credits and revamped the end-to-end labor scheduling process resulting in increased customer satisfaction and order entry rates, thus increasing revenue.
Customer Service Manager, Philips Lifeline
Oversaw a fast-paced, high-call D2C call center of approximately 40 employees, 20 reporting directly to me. I focused on enhancing customers’ experience by regularly coaching my team, handling customer issues and introducing value-added services and solutions to the company. As a supervisor, led cross-departmentally and improved team efficiency by working with senior leadership to resolve impeding business problems. In this role, I resolved hundreds of complex complaints, mitigated lawsuits and maintained the company’s positive image and A-rating with the Better Business Bureau by serving as the primary contact with the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Facebook and other outlets.
Customer Service Supervisor, Philips Lifeline
In my first three years at Lifeline, I was promoted twice. As a Personal Response Associate, I responded to incoming subscriber calls and dispatched help accordingly. It was an absolute necessity to be detail-oriented, work well under pressure, demonstrate strategic problem-solving skills and adhere to strict protocols. As a Customer Service Representative, I handled a variety of multifaceted non-emergency subscriber calls ranging from cancellation requests, contract and billing inquiries and advanced troubleshooting requests. As a Customer Service Supervisor, I was a subject matter expert for systems, processes and conflict resolution; day-to-day responsibilities included problem-solving, mentoring, managing team workload, floor supervising and resolving advanced internal/external customer issues.
ACADEMIC & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Professor, Nichols College
Facilitate Critical Thinking and Business Communications at the graduate level. Weekly classes are asynchronous with approximately 20 students.
Adjunct Professor, Becker College
Instruct Human Resource Management and Managing Diversity in the Workplace at the undergraduate level. Weekly classes are in-person or online with approximately 15 students.
Adult Education Instructor & Substitute Teacher, Town of Tewksbury
Create and deliver business-related adult educational classes on a part-time basis. Trainings include Dealing Effectively with Difficult People and Interview Preparation.
Fulfill short-term K-12 substitute assignments across all subject areas and age levels.